Have you looked at the ingredients in store bought chocolate syrup? It’s not good! This homemade chocolate syrup tastes even better and is made with clean ingredients you can enjoy guilt free.
The ingredients for this recipe are pretty straightforward, but one of them will surprise you. It will level up your chocolate sauce and everyone will be begging for more.
- Organic Fair Trade Cocoa Powder
- Organic Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Organic Ground Cinnamon
- Boiling Water
You read it right! Cinnamon. Have you ever had a cup of hot cocoa with a dash of cinnamon? If not, you’re missing out! It is going to be your favorite addition to a chocolate treat.
Simply mix all of your ingredients into a mason jar, top off with boiling water and shake to mix!
I like to store mine in the fridge.
I have a couple of wonderful ideas that involve this chocolate sauce, so you know they’re good ones:
- homemade ice cream with chocolate sauce
- strawberries dipped in chocolate sauce
- raw milk mixed with chocolate sauce for the best chocolate milk of your life
- drizzle over cheesecake
- literally anything else
What recipe would you like to see next?
Homemade Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Pint Mason Jar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder fair trade organic is the best
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup hot/boiling water
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon optional
- Add all dry ingredients into a mason jar and shake to combine well.
- Pour boiling water over the ingredients.
- Put the lid on your jar and shake very well.
- Store in the fridge.