These bars are easy to make at home and can be made in just minutes!
This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure here.
There isn’t much to write about this recipe!! It really is the most perfect recipe to make a healthy and easy bar at home. My kids beg for it and we go through one to two batches a week.
Gone are the days of checking labels to see what junk has been added to my kids favorite granola bars. They prefer these anyways and so do I!
You will need:
- 2 cups of nuts
- 1/2 pound of pitted organic dates (no sugar added)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
Our daughter has a terrible peanut allergy and her two well tollerated nuts are cashews and pecans. I use 1 cup of cashews and 1 cup of pecans for this recipe.
First measure out your nuts and then add to the food processor.
We just purchased our Ninja Kitchen System (#ad) and we use it DAILY! It has a food processor, full size blender, and single serve blender. There are multiple attachments and it blends things so smoothly. I had my doubts because it wasn’t a vitamix, but I really love it now!
Using a kitchen scale is the best way to go for measuring your dates, but if you don’t have one, the servings on the back of the package should be able to help you figure out how much to use. I know that there are 32 ounces of in my bag of dates, so I usually just use a quarter of the bag per batch.
Add to your food processor.
Add all of the remaining ingredients to the food processor.
My kids love to help with this recipe. I usually take all of the ingredients out beforehand and even with their help it only takes 10 mintues at the most to whip these up start to finish!
Blend all of the ingredients together for about 2 minutes.
It won’t be perfectly smooth, but the ingredients should be well incorporated and “smooth.”
Dump all of your ingredients onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Mold into a rectangle and then place in the refrigerator for two hours. This allows it to harden before cutting into it.
Use a large kitchen knife or pizza cutter to cut it into 12 bars. Make sure you don’t skip the refrigeration or you will not be successful in cutting into the bars!
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or in the freezer. These are wonderful snacks for little hands on the go or for grown ups with a sweet tooth trying to eat healthy snacks!
- Food Processor
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- 2 cups nuts cashews, almonds, pecans, or a mix
- ½ pound pitted organic dates no sugar added
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
Optional Add Ins
- cocoa powder
- coconut flakes
- chocolate chips
- lemon zest or essential oil
- peanuts use 1 cup peanuts and 1 cup other nuts for the "nuts" in the recipe
- Blend all ingredients your food processor until soft. It may look crumbly (see photo above)
- Line a pan with parchment paper and dump mixture onto it.
- Form into a rectangle or square about ¼ – ½ inch thick – a normal protein bar thickness.
- Place into fridge for 2 hours
- Cut into 12 bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.